Re: Issue 3457: Add snippet `Using \partcombine with lyrics'. (issue 113

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Issue 3457: Add snippet `Using \partcombine with lyrics'. (issue 11328043)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 14:58:06 +0200

2013/7/19  <address@hidden>:
> On 2013/07/19 19:35:13, Mark Polesky wrote:
>> Is there no way to extract the averages of the NoteColumn
>> X-positions between two voices?  So given these voices:
>
> Please check out
> <URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3232>.  Its
> original title was "LilyPond should use strict proportional spacing
> between note columns" before people

It was not "people", it was me.

> decided to hijack that issue for
> something else, rename it to something utterly unrelated and then leave
> it alone.

Hey, that's not fair!  Indeed, i sort of hijacked that issue (it
wasn't my intention to hijack it, though) and i apologize for that.
However, i *did write* a fix for this, and as far as i can tell the
fix is sound.  Unfortunately, it didn't make it to master (partly
because it become a part of a bigger patch which didn't get enough
reviews) and now it's waiting for the new stable to be released.

If you'd like, i could separate the fix for this issue from the big
patch and submit it now.

best,
Janek