Re: untangling the remaining regressions

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: Re: untangling the remaining regressions
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 15:27:21 +0300

On 13 août 2013, at 12:41, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> We don't need a
> whole reimplementation of old code for the sole purpose of temporarily
> masking bugs with the new implementation by retro-fitting a distant
> clone of the old implementation on top of the unfixed new
> implementation.

I put up a patch that reimplements the pure-relevant distinction.  The goal
would be to set all problematic grobs to #f.  This allows the current mechanism
of articulating all unpure-pure relationships via containers rather than lists
while at the same time avoiding the bug in 3385.  What would be more elegant is
for all grobs to be pure relevant and for the height functions to not trigger
unwanted side effects.  I feel this is a better alternative than reverting the
patch.

Cheers,
MS