Re: Feature request: dashes on identifier

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Feature request: dashes on identifier
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 21:19:06 +0200

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> 2013/8/7 David Kastrup <address@hidden>
>
>> Pedro Kroger <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > I know an identifier can't have numbers, underscores, or dashes but I'd
>> > really appreciate if at least dashes were allowed. I'd love to be able
>> > to write identifiers like:
>> >
>> > \this-is-my-identifier
>> >
>> > Would that be possible?
>>
>> This reply is not entirely timely, but dashes in identifiers have been
>> supported since LilyPond 2.15.43.  Check out
>> <URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2702>.
>>

> Wow, this is cool!
> (somehow i missed that change...)

Actually, it was just harmonizing identifier syntax across modes (there
always were things like \with-dimensions and similar in markups and
ragged-right = ##t in context mods) since otherwise mode switching can
lead to surprises when the "lookahead token" has been scanned with the
wrong syntax.  It was also more of a joke since the message I had been
replying to was about 10 years old.