Re: LilyPond meeting in Waltrop, Germany, 2013-08-16 to 2013-08-20

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: LilyPond meeting in Waltrop, Germany, 2013-08-16 to 2013-08-20
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 19:38:57 +0200

Hi David & all,

firstly let me apologize for being offline recently without letting you know.  I need to get a better grip on myself...

2013/8/12 David Kastrup <address@hidden>
that has been posted to gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.devel,gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.general as well.

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Well, after several announcements, I now have about four participants
> for this year's meeting secured.  While that's about the amount who
> bothered registering timely last year, it means that I am not able to
> plan suitably ahead.

Well, we are now six (though at most five at a time).  I've thought
briefly about postponing the meeting, but then it is unclear that there
is actually significantly more interest this year, the date has been
announced a long time ago already, a few people actually prepared for
it, and it makes good sense to make use of camping weather.

As for me, i haven't booked tickets yet, so if other people would like to move the meeting i can adapt. I have plans for 23-29th of August, but my September is quite free.

And actually, we can still get quite a bit done and discussed as there
are a few shared interests and heavy hitters.  But I need to rein in the
dates.

Here are what I have so far:

Jan Niewenhuizen: reports from the Liedboek project, bringing samples,
and I'll likely milk him for getting some internals documented and some
GUB stuff.  Arrives either Thursday evening or Friday noon and leaves
Sunday evening.  Pitches a tent on our ground.

Han-Wen Nienhuys: participation unclear, has a concert on Sunday
evening, can likely come Monday at the earliest.

Thomas Morley/Harm: still on vacation (so no early feedback), will bring
his own tent, will come, but I don't know when.

Janek: announced coming, but I don't know when.

I will come Thursday evening/Friday during the day, depending on bus.  I will leave on Tuesday.  I don't have a tent ;) so i'd like to ask for a bed (will bring my sleeping bag).

Jan Rosseel from the Scora project (check it out) can attend from Sunday
morning to Monday afternoon (halfway).

It will be great to meet him!

As for the talk subjects: i'd like to discuss some big picture design goals.  I have some notes on that subject and will try to bring them to order and send them to you.

best,
Janek