Re: problem with bar numbers and ossia staves

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: problem with bar numbers and ossia staves
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 11:22:11 +0200

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

> Have a look at the third example in this section
>

> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/modifying-single-staves#ossia-staves
>
> and note how the bar number is positioned incorrectly.  Is this an
> incomplete example or a bug?

Well, an incomplete example is a bug.  It just has fuzzier repercussions
than a dedicated command working wrong.

That being said, the bar number engraver uses
ly:side_position_interface::move-to-extremal-staff for its vertical
positioning.  The same would likely be done for marks.  The question is
what we should be doing here with regard to interrupted staves in
general, and/or with regard to ossia staves in particular.

If the answers differ, we need to amend the example.  If not, we need to
amend the code.