Re: Patchy email

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Patchy email
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 11:49:49 +0200

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> I set my patchy running and went off to read the papers.  Now back.
>
> This is the output from my logfile:
>
> Changing working directory to: `./out-www'
> Processing
> /home/patchy/patchybuild/autobuild/Documentation/ly-examples/orchestra.ly'
> Parsing...
> Interpreting music...
> Preprocessing graphical objects...
> programming error: cyclic dependency: calculation-in-progress
> encountered for #'adjacent-pure-heights (VerticalAxisGroup)
> continuing, cross fingers
> programming error: cyclic dependency: calculation-in-progress
> encountered for #'adjacent-pure-heights (VerticalAxisGroup)
> continuing, cross fingers
> programming error: cyclic dependency: calculation-in-progress
> encountered for #'adjacent-pure-heights (VerticalAxisGroup)
> continuing, cross fingers
> programming error: cyclic dependency: calculation-in-progress
> encountered for #'adjacent-pure-heights (VerticalAxisGroup)
> continuing, cross fingers
> Segmentation fault

I think I am going to cry.

> Don't know whether this is the same problem as you've been having.  If
> you give me some debug advice, I'll see what's happening.

I don't think that we'll get a "Segmentation fault" reported when the
internally called ps2pdf fails.  So this looks like yet another problem.
If it is caused by one of the recent commits, I'd consider the work of
Keith for fixing spacing regressions most likely to be involved: the
stuff I did should have little connection to the kind of Grob
calculation cranking out an error here.