Re: ugly: accidental reminders and ties

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: ugly: accidental reminders and ties
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 15:31:00 +0200

Eluze <address@hidden> writes:

> Werner LEMBERG wrote
>>  I don't have an older lilypond binary at hand, but I have a gut
>> feeling that (much?) older versions don't show this.
>
> 2.15.28 is the first to show this

Huh.  I've taken a look at the commits in between, and they contain doc
fixes, the big eventchord changes (including the reimplementation of
repeat chords) and basically not much else apart from

commit 05b311f14f39e5148ca93028a314a0bb2fe0dedd
Author: Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>
Date:   Wed Jan 18 13:15:20 2012 -0700

    Add option for strictBeatBeaming

    This reverts to the default behavior from 2.14 that places a higher
    priority on avoiding beamlets than on beaming to the beat.

    At the user's option, beaming can be strictly to the beat.

which should not really be related.  So it would seem that the
EventChord thingies (issue 2240 I think) would be related, but those
should not actually affect the events seen by the engravers (possibly
their order?) here.  So maybe that is some cyclic evaluation dependency
thing again, and the shakeup from issue 2240 is enough to throw the
cycle into a different configuration.