Re: Make documentation reflect presence of \tuplet (issue 7220052)

From: tdanielsmusic
Subject: Re: Make documentation reflect presence of \tuplet (issue 7220052)
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 11:48:36 +0000

On 2013/01/30 11:32:37, dak wrote:
On 2013/01/30 10:41:50, dak wrote:
> We have a fundamental difference in our terminology.
>
> For you, a triplet consists of three notes.  For me, a triplet
consists of a
> single note, three of which make up a triplet group.

I've mostly skirted the issue in the current wording.

For me, too, a triplet consists of three notes.  That also
seems to be the understanding of the Wikipedia entry for
tuplet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuplet

We could use the terms "tuplet group" and "tuplet note"
to avoid any misunderstanding, but, as you say, the text
in this patch is cleverly ambivalent, so
LGTM.

Trevor

https://codereview.appspot.com/7220052/