Re: outside-staff-placement-directive.ly

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: outside-staff-placement-directive.ly
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 05:45:30 +0000 (UTC)

 <mike <at> mikesolomon.org> writes:

> The regtest outside-staff-placement-directive.ly is currently not doing what
> it's supposed to because
> of \textLengthOn, which masks the effects of the placement algorithm.
> I must have inadvertently added that during a moment of sleeplessness...
>
> I'll propose a patch fixing this unless someone sees a good reason to
> keep it this way.

Since you added it six months ago, we have done nothing but apply convert-ly.

Please rewrite it entirely.

It is rather confusing that the test for the ordering of text stacked
outside the staff uses example text,  BL LL BB BB LL BB SS and BLBB,
that has nothing to do with the desired placement, and that it involves
mensural ligatures and cadenza timing.