Re: Question re pushing to staging

From: James
Subject: Re: Question re pushing to staging
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 20:50:36 +0000

Ian.

On 19 January 2013 17:26, Ian Hulin <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

I've just tried my first push to staging so a load of commenting I
added to main.cc for the Guile 2 conversion work didn't get lost. The
patch ran make check and make doc OK locally.

I followed the instructions in CG 3.4.11 and marked Tracker 1686
Fixed.  When should I see a thumbs up/thumbs down post on -auto?

Did I get the process right?

Looking at the tracker, not really. :)

As far as this ought to have gone (and someone will correct me if I am wrong) is that a dev uses (for instance) git-cl to upload code to Rietveld, this sets the tracker to Patch-New and then when someone (i.e. me) runs Patchy - the suite of scripts to test patches - I will put it through a full make, make test, make doc and check the reg tests and then if all that si ok, the scripts set the patch to Patch-review, then the other devs check rietveld and assuming nothing is bad, the issue goes to Patch-countdown and the after a few days (countdown being a 'hey devs, this is going to get permission to be pushed so make sure you have looked' flag) it will be marked as pushed on the tracker (this is all handled by one of the non-devs) and then you push it to staging.

So you sort of skipped the formalities, but at least it was pushed to staging.

Then my server runs the merge scripts every two hours - checks to see if staging is updated, then does a merge, a full make, make test and make doc again (just to be sure) and then pushes to master.

James