Re: Subdirectories under scm/?

From: Ian Hulin
Subject: Re: Subdirectories under scm/?
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 17:20:28 +0000

Hi Johannes,

Currently scm/out is being used as part of the Guile V2 work to hold
the byte-compiled scm modules.

There are also possible implications regarding the LilyPond
initialization code since it needs to know that internal Guile/Scheme
variables such as %load-path are set up correctly.

I like your idea in principle, but I would prefer it if it was
deferred until after we have managed to complete the cut-over to using
Guile V2.

Bug-squad, it's probably worth raising a tracker entitled something
like "LilyPond should support a module hierarchy in scm directory
rather than a single flat directory".

Cheers,

Ian