Re: Better staggering of accidental placements. (issue 7101045)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Better staggering of accidental placements. (issue 7101045)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 21:40:41 +0100

On 14 janv. 2013, at 21:30, address@hidden wrote:

> LilyPond is too complicated.
>
> The manual explains engravers and contexts, and you you can
> \layout {
> \context { \Staff \remove "Accidental_engraver" }
> \context { \Voice \consists "Accidental_engraver" }}

But does the manual say that this does not allow you to switch
back and forth whereas a context property does?

I generally suck at documentation, but I wouldn't mind changing
it to reflect the changes in this patch.  Where does this show up?

> but then there are all these properties that mess with that structure,
> like
> horizontallyAlignOctaveAccidentalsAcrossVoices
> midiChannelMapping
>
> I give up.  I can buy Finale and just drag all the accidentals with the
> mouse before I memorize enough to use LilyPond.
>
> https://codereview.appspot.com/7101045/

Holy sh*t!!  You can do that in Finale?  Why the f*%& have I been
using LilyPond all this time??!?  I'm outta here!