Re: Issue 2990: \RemoveEmptyStaves in StaffGroup context crashes (issue

From: dak
Subject: Re: Issue 2990: \RemoveEmptyStaves in StaffGroup context crashes (issue 7069044)
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 09:37:58 +0000

On 2013/01/10 09:21:33, mike7 wrote:
On 10 janv. 2013, at 10:19, mailto:address@hidden wrote:

> On 2013/01/10 09:05:21, mike7 wrote:
>
>> It's actually not as bad as you'd think.  The Hara_kiri_engraver is
> just a thin
>> wrapper around the Axi_group_engraver.  Everything can be switched
on
> and off
>> via an extra context property haraKiri.  I was able to drum up a
> sketch in 10
>> minutes.  Running the regtests now.
>
> Why would one even need an extra context property?  Isn't that what
the
> remove-empty property is already supposed to be for?
>
> https://codereview.appspot.com/7069044/

Didn't really look into it, as remove-empty is a grob property so I
assumed that
it was for the actions performed by the grob, not by the engraver
making the
grob.

I don't think that is a contradiction.  After announcing the grob,
overrides, tweaks and so on should be applied to it, and I think that
referencing the remove-empty property of the grob at that time in order
to decide whether to do the listening and bookkeeping for a harakiri
engraver should be fine.

I'll have a look later.

Thanks.

https://codereview.appspot.com/7069044/