Re: Make \footnote work via \tweak (issue 6195098)

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Make \footnote work via \tweak (issue 6195098)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 21:36:53 +0000

On 2012/05/17 19:28:49, dak wrote:

I think that I pretty much got the possibilities covered in the
current text.  I
still have to hunt down warnings/programming errors, so I would focus
on the
code and be perfectly glad if somebody else is willing to carry the
documentation from here.

If James doesn't want to carry the documentation from here, I'd be
willing to.

Just to clarify my understanding, there are two optional parameters:
markup and grob.  If markup is omitted, we use sequential numbers.  If
grob is omitted, we use the following music event.

The following music event can be a post-event, a chord element, a
standard music event, or \default.  If \default is chosen, the footnote
will be timed, rather than attached to a grob.

So if I want to footnote a time signature or a barline, I use \default
as the music event and TimeSignature or BarLine, respectively, as the
grob.

Is this correct?

Thanks,

Carl