Re: Cleanup beam scoring code. (issue4001046)

From: mtsolo
Subject: Re: Cleanup beam scoring code. (issue4001046)
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 01:44:30 +0000

LGTM.  Reads a lot cleaner and is much more extensible.

This may be for another patch, but I think one problem that remains with
the algorithm is that the "reasonable_score" parameter may inadvertently
exclude certain quants from receiving a demerit they deserve because
they are not part of a for loop.  More qualified quants then get hit
with a demerit and become less reasonable than the previously
"unreasonable" quant.  I know that taking away the "if" statement that
checks for reasonability would increase computation time, but is there a
better way to assure that non-reasonable scores will not rise to the top
of the pile because they have been excluded from stages of the
penalizing process?

http://codereview.appspot.com/4001046/