Re: Fix 1120 in a way to avoid issues 1472, 1474 (issue4095041)

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Fix 1120 in a way to avoid issues 1472, 1474 (issue4095041)
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 19:50:38 +0000

On 2011/01/31 19:36:16, Keith wrote:
On 2011/01/31 11:20:39, hanwenn wrote:
> * this hardcodes 0.1 in several places. Make a property,
> so we can override this

Agreed in principle; the relevant property extra-spacing-height should
absorb
these magic numbers, but I am not willing to do so in this patch.

The 0.1s were in the previous stable release; commit ee0488 tried to
remove
them, but had side effects.  This patch reverts ee0488 (thus bringing
back the
ugly 0.1s) then adjusts a few existing properties to have the desired
effects of
ee0488.

Since the 0.1s are all part of a Separation_item, what if we defined a
new grob-property default-separation, and set the value to 0.1 for
NonMusicalPaperColumn, NoteColumn, and PaperColumn, since these are the
grobs having separation_item_interface?

We could then get the value of default-separation from the paper column,
and use that value throughout separation-item.cc

I agree that it seems like a bit of a pain to do this when you're just
wanting to revert a patch that now appears inappropriate.  But if this
property were added, no recompilation would be required in order to
resolve the issues you've been fighting with here.

http://codereview.appspot.com/4095041/