Re: regression tests for white mensural ligature enhancements (issue3989

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: regression tests for white mensural ligature enhancements (issue3989049)
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 11:17:46 +0000

Just some minor syntax changes to make it read better. I hope no one is
offended.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3989049/diff/3002/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely
File Documentation/notation/ancient.itely (left):

http://codereview.appspot.com/3989049/diff/3002/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely#oldcode500
Documentation/notation/ancient.itely:500:
General: There is an inconsistency using 'notehead' vs 'note head', so
we need to pick one and stick with it. There is nothing in the CG (yet)
and so we could make a policy if someone has a strong opinion on this.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3989049/diff/3002/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely
File Documentation/notation/ancient.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/3989049/diff/3002/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely#newcode682
Documentation/notation/ancient.itely:682: The @code{blackpetrucci} style
gives noteheads usable in black
"The @code{blackpetrucci} style produces ..."

http://codereview.appspot.com/3989049/diff/3002/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely#newcode687
Documentation/notation/ancient.itely:687: can be different if coloratio
is used e.g. to notate triplets).
"Because note head style does not influence flag count, a semiminima
should be notated as @code{a8*2} not @code{a4) otherwise it will look
like a minima."

Then start a new para with no parenthesis:

"The multiplyer can be differerent..."

http://codereview.appspot.com/3989049/diff/3002/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely#newcode813
Documentation/notation/ancient.itely:813: using pitched rests.
"Longa rests are not grouped automatically so have to be done manually
by ...."

http://codereview.appspot.com/3989049/diff/3002/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely#newcode942
Documentation/notation/ancient.itely:942: property @code{flexa-width}.
The length of a flexa can be set by the note head property
@code{flexa-width}.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3989049/diff/3002/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely#newcode966
Documentation/notation/ancient.itely:966: \[ d\longa
Can we put note durations for the first note of every new line (again as
per the CG)?

http://codereview.appspot.com/3989049/diff/3002/Documentation/notation/ancient.itely#newcode1014
Documentation/notation/ancient.itely:1014: Accidentals may collide with
previous notes.
Can we also suggest (if possible) any useful ways to avoid this or tell
the user how they can workaround this - for instance using some 'hack'
or spacing parameter - maybe even reference another section if it is
useful. I just feel that stating this without a possible workaround is
not as  helpful as we could be, even if it is informative.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3989049/