Re: Has anything been done about implementing music streams?

From: Bernard Hurley
Subject: Re: Has anything been done about implementing music streams?
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 14:34:13 +0000

Hi,

On Sun, 2011-01-23 at 06:36 -0700, Carl Sorensen wrote:
> On 1/23/11 6:22 AM, "Bernard Hurley" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > In order to understand the lily code better I read Erik Sandberg¹s
> > master's thesis. The idea of a music stream seems very interesting. Is
> > this anywhere near being implemented?
>
> Yes, music streams are currently implemented in LilyPond.
>
> You will see Stream_event listed in the C++ code.

Thanks, but if the ideas in Erik's thesis were completely implemented
then the music stream should be an intermediate representation of the
music that could be exported from lily. I can't see any command line
options for this nor can I see anything in the code that would allow
this to be done. If it is there where is it hiding?

        /Bernard