Re: Fixes issue 39 by raising stems (issue3934041)

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: Fixes issue 39 by raising stems (issue3934041)
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 07:20:22 +0000

On 2011/01/12 02:51:26, c_sorensen_byu.edu wrote:
What is the difference between "extra-raise-tip" and
"extra-stem-length" in
terms of how it acts?

I was associating variable-names with the names of functions whose
return values they affect.  We are here adjusting the output of
Stem::calc_stem_end_position() so extra-raise-tip seemed honest.

When you said you preferred the name extra-stem-length my mind went to
Stem::calc_length().  The return from calc_length() already has the
extra length required if there are tremolo bars, then gets the
correction for chords on this stem, then lengthened if required to reach
the centerline.  I thought to myself, Carl is probably thinking Mike's
correction applies earlier in the flow, constructed test cases to see
the difference that would make, and concluded that I don't like the
effects of applying the issue39 fix this late in the data flow.

http://codereview.appspot.com/3934041/