Re: CueVoice issue fixed

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: CueVoice issue fixed
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 18:32:23 +0000

On 9 January 2011 19:48, Mike Solomon <address@hidden> wrote:
> The patch set now fixes Issue 400 as well.  It also fixes an unreported issue
> of time signature collisions.

Any chance of making the clef avoidance automatic?  I'm not too
concerned about automating the time signature case since it usually
occurs across a barline (though there are of course exceptions to this
rule. :)

You might consider adding key signatures too.

> Not much difference in the regtests - I've attached all offenders.

Great! They look pretty innocuous apart from slur-scoring.ly (assuming
all the changes are the result of accidental avoidance).

As for slur-scoring.ly, the raised beam in the second bar is
unfortunate, since the accidental in the upper voice isn't colliding
with the beamlet.

Have you considered what happens when beams start at the same
timestep?  Here's an example which looks better without your changes:

\relative c'' {
}

Cheers,
Neil