Re: Ok, need a few hints.

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Ok, need a few hints.
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 00:59:26 -0200

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 3:44 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi, I am currently turning to the problem of typesetting chords for
> accordion.  Basically I want to detect the chord/bass input like
> ChordNames does, and then do my own translation into bass notes and
> chords.  Chord and bass note names also get attached as markup directly
> to the resulting notes, and there are some rules for omitting multiple
> attachments: successive equal chord names are not repeated, successive
> bass _patterns_ are not repeated (loosely the rule might be that as long
> as there is no _chord_ change, the last _two_ different bass notes are
> not named again: a pattern like C c G c C c G c does just get the first
> C c G labelled and then nothing else).
>
> Chord recognizing and engraving is not lossless: c:7 should usually be
> transformed to c:7^5.  And a few other things.  In short, it would be
> nice to have the chord recognizing machinery of ChordNames run, but
> catch the resulting chord name output in list form and do something else
> with it, resulting in new voices and annotations.

The Chord_name_engraver calls the scheme function from context
property chordNameFunction on a list of pitches, which -by default-
hooks in to  ignatzek-chord-names.  IIRC, that function returns a
markup.

I am not sure what you are asking for, though.  (A more descriptive
subject line also would not hurt).

As far as I understand you, you could build an
Accordion_chord_name_engraver, which acknowledges ChordName grob,
extracts its Markup, and puts it into a TextScript, so it goes on top
of the note.