Re: development on windows

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: development on windows
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 20:06:42 +0000

In message <address@hidden>, Frédéric Bron <address@hidden> writes
create a mount point:
$ mkdir /mnt/Share
then add the following line to /etc/fstab:
Share           /mnt/Share      vboxsf  defaults 0 0

Hmm.  Is there any way to have this pre-configured?  i.e. tell
uses to create
 C:\lilybuntu-share\
in windows (or create it for them), and have lilybuntu
preconfigured to mount this location?

Preconfigured in ubuntu yes. It just needs to be done once.
Don't know for the Windows part.

Only snag is, it assumes the user will be happy with stuff like that on c:

That does NOT include me :-)

On my system, c: is reserved for Windows and system stuff only. "Documents and Settings" has been moved to e:, and on any system I set up for friends etc, I do the same.

But if you point it at d:, for a lot of people that will be the cd-rom ... (and it will fall foul of the same problem as far as I am concerned :-)

You might be best putting a readme on the desktop telling people how to do this (and any other stuff which is dependent on the host system configuration).

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden