Re: Doc: improve doc on markup command writing (issue157133)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Doc: improve doc on markup command writing (issue157133)
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 16:10:02 +0000

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 3:37 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> As I'm not (obviously) a native English speaker, comments on style are
> most welcome.

Whenever I try to publish my comments, I get a 500 server error.  :(
I'll summarize them below:
- use @var{foo} for variable names.  This applies to both the .itely
file, and also the .scm file (instead of `props')
- examples (including @lisp) should have a blank line above and below them
- please add a blank line after the @unnumbered... line
- there were a few extra commas in a few sentences, but don't worry
about them.  Then English is quite understandable, and it would be
good to have another person proofread+fix these issues anyway, as part
of a general cleanup up the Extending manual.

Cheers,
- Graham