Re: Fixing issue 800 (extender ending early if other voices present)

From: Chris Snyder
Subject: Re: Fixing issue 800 (extender ending early if other voices present)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:03:14 -0500

Joe Neeman wrote:
> Now I'm even more confused. get_current_note_head finds a note head
> (from the associatedVoice) that ends strictly after the current moment.
> We only check melisma_busy if get_current_note_head finds something.
> Therefore, we will only check melisma_busy if we are in the middle of a
> note. Am I missing something?

Nope - that's how I understand it as well. The problem is that melisma_busy always returns false if we're mid-note, necessitating the additional check.

> To answer your original question, btw, I have a slight preference for
> leaving melisma_busy as-is and modifying the call site.

I've worked out a solution that seems to work. It's now included in my Rietveld issue for bug 786.

-Chris

Chris Snyder
Adoro Music Publishing
1-616-828-4436 x800