Re: Progress indicator

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Progress indicator
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 23:54:30 +0100

2009/9/25 Michael Käppler <address@hidden>:

> Hmm... I'll try to introduce a --verbose mode that prints the time needed
> for each stage, so we can run a test suite and hopefully get to considerable
> defaults.

If my test runs are indicative of the average timings, then you might
as well junk all the stages apart from the last, since they only take
up a few seconds of the preprocessing time.  Of course, that then
leaves the issue with the last stage stalling at 81%: it's not much
use as a progress indicator if 82 - 100% only takes a few seconds.

> Can you propose a good way how to set the constants in Lily or SCM code?

I suppose the easiest way is to introduce a program option which can
be set via -d (with a sensible default set in lily.scm).

Regards,
Neil