Re: About the new "Gigsaw".

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: About the new "Gigsaw".
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 19:42:21 +0200

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Philippe Hezaine
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Oh... Yes. I get rid of the GPL. I build my own firm. And Ciao!

My point exactly: if you build your own firm and sell your patterns
under a proprietary license, this will *not* prevent anyone from
stealing your work. On the contrary, it will only make it harder to
track down illegal copies.

> You keep up the sense of my question. How do you check a Lily midifile?

It might be possible to include some specific DRM-like markers in the
midi files (they do that for images), though I'm not familiar with
this.

And there are quite a few midi search engines out there, that have the
ability to find similar files even with different names.

Anyway, I think you know the only way for an author to make sure that
his work will never be misused:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Drawer.agr.jpg

:-)

Cheers,