Re: The \\ construct for simultaneous voices

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: The \\ construct for simultaneous voices
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 23:58:28 +0100

In message <address@hidden>, Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> writes
Am Sonntag, 13. September 2009 23:22:04 schrieb Anthony W. Youngman:
If it hasn't been done, it sounds like it would be a good idea to try
and combine the voice combining and part combining code with switches to
say how much should be merged/dropped. I'll try and take a look (it'll
probably be a good project to learn C++ :-)

That would be a good project to learn scheme / guile. ;-)
C++ won't bring you very far, since everything is implemented in scheme....

I've been thinking about implementing something like that myself (basically
controlling combined/split voices via context properties, overriding the bad
choices the partcombiner makes).

I've just found another glitch ... (although it's a slightly odd one). Again, it's rest-related. One part has r4\fermata, the other has r4. The part as printed is just r4. "Correcting" the second part to add the fermata does add the fermata to the printed part.

And there's something funny about dynamics. Some dynamics print above the staff, some below. And some (despite being identical) print both. Weird. Oh well. I'm thinking I might separate the dynamics into their own voice.

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden