Re: Automatic rest splitting?

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Automatic rest splitting?
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 20:36:27 +0100

2009/6/21 Mark Polesky <address@hidden>:

> 1.2.3 Displaying rhythms (Automatic note splitting) says:
>
> The Completion_heads_engraver only affects notes; it does not
> split rests.
>
> Is there a stumbling block? How easily could this be changed? I'm
> finding myself in situations where splitting rests would come in
> handy. Or could there be a Completion_rests_engraver?

A Completion_rests_engraver would be the right approach.

I don't think there's any stumbling block (indeed, you can knock up a
rough and ready version based on Completion_heads_engraver in a few
minutes); it's just waiting for someone to implement it properly,
which would probably include automatic creation of MultiMeasureRest
grobs as appropriate.

Regards,
Neil