Re: Autobeaming restructuring

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Autobeaming restructuring
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 20:09:07 +0200

On 24 Jun 2009, at 15:47, Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

About 10 weeks ago I proposed a new architecture for autobeaming rules, which placed all the rules in a single nested alist, with one entry per time
signature.

To me that sounds as though the time signature selects the meter, which barely works in CPP. For more complex meters, one in effect does the other way around: one selects a meter, and then sums it up fully to to some degree to get the time signature.

If that is not within the scope of the current changes, then so it may be. But the current model is a bit too complicated.

  Hans