Re: 2.14 release plans

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: 2.14 release plans
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:49:22 +0000 (UTC)

Graham Percival <graham <at> percival-music.ca> writes:

> Progress has been slow for the past month.  I'd like to be able to
> claim that I'll be getting more done in the next few weeks, but in
> all honesty I doubt it.  If anything, I'll be engaged in *more*
> household projects, not less.
>
> With that in mind, I think we're looking at 2.14 being at the end
> of July at the earliest.  Therefore, I'd like to invite Joe to
> merge the new vertical spacing code in the next week or so (or
> whenever he feels ready).
>
> I'm also tentatively thinking about pushing to get the website
> ready for 2.14.  I still think the English version can be finished
> in the next week, which would give the translators a month.  Yes,
> the website doesn't need to be introduced at the same time as a
> new major version, but I think it'd be cute to do it that way.
>
> Including both these "features" would fit better with the overall
> release plan, too: add stuff for the 2.even release, then spend
> the next few months fixing issues.  If we don't include the new
> vertical spacing in 2.14, then we'll have a lot of pressure to
> open up 2.15 as soon as possible, which will result in a 2.14.1,
> .2, and *maybe* .3.  Ideally, we'd like to keep 2.14 around for
> longer.

I'm halfway through the auto-beaming redefinition.  I've got the new
definition scheme in place and it works.  I'm working on the
override ability now; I expect to have a patch up for approval in the
next two days.

We also have the new tablature support awaiting review; it could be
part of 2.14.

And Thomas (a new contributor) is working on a vastly-improved
chord name facility, which I hope to have available in the next
week or two.  This should also be part of 2.14.

Thanks,

Carl