Re: unexpected \unfoldRepeats behavior

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: unexpected \unfoldRepeats behavior
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 09:22:04 +0200

Jay Anderson <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Paul Scott<address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I don't mind having a separate file for the midi output but not being
>> able to factor out the common timing and dynamics costs a lot of
>> input time and makes it a lot harder to make sure I haven't dropped a
>> bar somewhere.
>
> Actually I found that having the repeats in each part made it easier
> to notice that bars were off. Lilypond throws errors where it thinks
> the repeat timing problem is without having to look too much at the
> pdf output.

There is no point in offering a half-broken feature and not fix it,
claiming that it was a bad idea in the first place.

So either the external repeat structure feature should be removed or
fixed.  Everything else is asking for trouble and problem reports and is
causing the users headaches for no good reason.