Re: GUB3: M4 not accurately recognized?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: GUB3: M4 not accurately recognized?
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 13:49:52 +0200

Op woensdag 15-04-2009 om 00:51 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef Patrick
McCarty:

Hi Patrick,

> I am trying to build a mingw LilyPond installer, but I am running into
> a problem at the tools::bison configure stage.
>
> It seems that the GUB-installed M4 is not being recognized as GNU M4
> >= 1.4.  The end of the config.log:

Interesting.  So, *both* of your M4's are not recognized.

Building tools::bison using either /bin/m4 or tools::m4 works for me.

You should check the relevant config.log snippet and investigate
why configure's check fails.

Jan.