sending git patches

From: Graham Percival
Subject: sending git patches
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 19:50:12 -0700

Suppose that a nice helpful GDP helper has git working. They make some changes, commit stuff, make more changes, commit more. Now what's the best way for them to send these changes to me?

(assuming that they don't have write access to the repository)

I know that git has a huge number of git-diff options; what's the best option in this situation?

Cheers,
- Graham