Re: Logo for Lilypond

From: Jonas Nyström
Subject: Re: Logo for Lilypond
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 13:52:17 +0200

Hi Graham!

I'm not offended, but I find this complaint totally irrational.  What's
so professional about calling your computer company "Apple" or "Sun"?
Does a piece of fruit or a celestial body have anything to do with
operating systems?  Does "google" sound like anything other than a
baby's noise?

Very good point...!

> 2. The site was professional and modern, (reflecting the artistic level
> and intensions of the program and its developers)

This is a new complaint; what's wrong with the website?

The problem is that there might be other potential users not finding Lilypond, because the site looks so simple/basic/unstyled...

Well, I'm here now - a happy Lilypond user! :-)