Re: section 5.1 `Moving objects' is out of date

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: section 5.1 `Moving objects' is out of date
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:26:14 -0800

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
Due to the new collision avoidance algorithm, section 5.1, `Moving
objects', is out of date.

Similarly, in section 4.2, `Saving typing with identifiers and
functions', the music function `padText' should be replaced with
something more meaningful.

Yes and no -- some collisions do still occur (see the bug tracker). I agree that it isn't as big a concern as it used to be, and that those sections could display more relevant tweaks.

Oh wait; the "bad example" in 5.1 probably isn't a bad example at all now. Any suggestions for a quick fix? I can't do any major work for the next week.

Cheers,
- Graham