Re: adding a file to git: +.ly

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: adding a file to git: +.ly
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 13:05:22 -0800

Erik Sandberg wrote:
On Saturday 20 January 2007 22:57, Graham Percival wrote:
        $ git-update-index --add +.ly
Thanks, that worked.

BTW, I have sometimes renamed that file to something like __.ly or __dummy.ly. The only relevant property of the name +.ly is that it comes before the first real file. IMHO, + is a misleading name, and in addition it tends to cause minor headaches like this one.

Unforunately __intro.ly comes after everything else. I'm tempted to rename the file "AAA-intro-tricks.ly" just to avoid these silly punctuations entirely. Any objections?

Cheers,
- Graham