Re: one-pass vertical stretching

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: one-pass vertical stretching
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:53:33 +0100

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
Joe Neeman escreveu:
    as long as the children don't override minimum-Y-extent, it should work.

But they do. In engraver-init.ly <http://engraver-init.ly>, every staff
overrides minimum-Y-extent.

This might have been from a time that we didn't have such advanced vertical spacing. IIRC, the purpose of Staff minimum-Y-exent was to ensure a modicum of even space in case of single-staff
Adjusting minimum-Y-extent is the main method described in the current manual for adjusting the spacing inside a system. I hope you hackers make sure to keep the documentation up to date.

  /Mats