Re: position of staccato dots if above stems

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: position of staccato dots if above stems
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 07:29:37 -0800

Wilbert Berendsen wrote:
Shouldn't in this case the dots be placed centered above the stems rather than the note head? Because I have some heavily sloped 8-note beams, where the staccato dots are placed almost inside the beam.

Before changing the program in this manner, we would need to see some scans of real engraved sheet music where this is done.

If the staccato dots would be placed inline with the stems, they would not run into the beam. (See picture, the output is untweaked default output of version 2.11.6). If the placing is intended then it is maybe a little bug that the beams are note taken into account?

Thanks for the report; could you please construct a minimally small example and send it to the bugs list?
http://lilypond.org/web/devel/participating/bugs

Cheers,
- Graham