[OT] How do you configure your keyboard for programming?

From: Pedro Kröger
Subject: [OT] How do you configure your keyboard for programming?
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 20:46:56 -0200

Sorry for the off-topic, but I'm curious about this. Since a few
people here speak languages other than English (french, German, Dutch,
Portuguese, etc) I was wandering how you configure your keyboard for
*programming*.

The use of dead keys is very comfortable to edit texts in languages
with accents (like french) but I find a little bit irritating to use
it while programming because I always have to hit a few more keys. For
instance, to type an expression in lisp that have a quote I have to
even more annoying to type commands like C-c ` in emacs.

So, what do you do:

1. just use the keyboard with deadkeys, type the extra keys and not
care much

2. don't use deadkeys (but how do you write accents in your language?)

3. switch keyboard maps

4. do something else

Any ideas?

Pedro