Re: Extending \lilypondfile to support separate handling of header field

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Extending \lilypondfile to support separate handling of header fields for use by LaTeX et.al.
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 14:40:00 +0100

Bernard Hurley wrote:
I'm still pretty happy with the mechanism this represents, but for two things.

* -Hall to extract every header would be would be tremendously useful. Otherwise, I have to extract all of the headers individually, and that's *really* tedious.

If you have a look at my new veraion of "lilypond-macros" you will see
it extracts all headers from the .ly files.  It does this by examining
the .ly file directly. The headers don't have to be the usual lilypond
ones.

Our advice is usually to let Lily do the work of looking at .ly files. It should be relatively easy to make it extract all of the headers. See

(define-public (output-scopes scopes fields basename)

in backend-library.scm