Re: ChangeLog/1.4419 fails to compile correctly

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: ChangeLog/1.4419 fails to compile correctly
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 19:38:04 +0100

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

Johannes Schindelin wrote:

I do not have any experience with fontconfig, but this path should be
queried, right?

yes. Question is: how.

the easiest is probably to do

 locate c059033l.pfb

in configure.

Sorry, if you want to stay portable you better not rely on the presence of locate.

What I meant with "queried" was: now that we link in that BPOC named fontconfig, whose purpose is to ease the font configuration, fontconfig should tell us where the font is, right? Is not a call to FcConfigGetFontDirs() the correct thing? So, configure should write, compile and run something like this:

If this program succeeds, it prints the (first) directory containing the desired font. If it fails, the font could not be found.

I think you can directly ask fontconfig to locate a font for "Century Schoolbook", and retrieve the filename. However, this is IMO over the top. I propose that people without locate just use configure with --enable-ncsb-path