Re: Sponsoring lilypond development Was Re: Score parts: instrument and

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: Sponsoring lilypond development Was Re: Score parts: instrument and duration
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 03:37:00 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Pedro Kröger wrote:

> I don't know how many people are here or in lily-users, but if
> we could get 100 people to contribute $20 for 6 months, [...]

I am ready to do that.

> Is SCORE still been developed? I remember it used to be *really*
> expensive ($500-1000). Hum, that's may be a good niche, stealing Score
> users :-) well, of course we would need to make good converters and the
> like. That's mean more development time and more money for that....

AFAIK SCORE was developed by a single person, in FORTRAN, and he is sort
of retired now. Also, he was not very forthcoming with information about
internals.

If my memory serves me, there is a SCORE list. We could steal the users
directly from there... But for this to happen, we would have to reverse
engineer the SCORE format.

Ciao,
Dscho