Re: Settings for bagpipe music

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Settings for bagpipe music
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 17:53:53 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sven Axelsson" <address@hidden> To: "'Stephen'" <address@hidden>; "'Graham Percival'" <address@hidden>; "'lily-devel'" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 11:04 AM

From: Stephen [mailto:address@hidden

I agree. What about my idea of  not removing the Key_engraver and
Accicental_engraver, putting it in the key of D major, and
supressing the
key signature with the line:

\override Score . KeySignature #'print-function = ##f

And also creating special note names for notes with flats like:

(bb . ,(ly:make-pitch 0 6 FLAT))
(Bb . ,(ly:make-pitch 1 6 FLAT))

Just tried it adding such pitch names. Unfortunately the display
is not what I want. (See the attached file.) Anyone know how to
show just a flat on the flattened note and nothing on the following
non-flattened note?

I think to remove the extra naturals use:

\set Score.extraNatural = ##f

and perhaps an accidental sylte might finally fix something:

#(set-accidental-style 'forget)

How to do these things in the \layout block, I don't know. I think there is a way to set all properties in the \layout block.

Stephen