Re: part combiner

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: part combiner
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:48:43 +0200

Kristof Bastiaensen wrote:
However, then I have to understand the code, and I'm missing the big picture of what is happening. Maybe you could write a short overview of the structure of your implementation? In particular, what data do you use, and how do you store it?

Actually I have only changed the internals of the determine-split-list
function.  It takes (almost) the same data-types, and returns the same
data-types.  The only change is that the recording group engraver now
also sends an association list of settable properties (and the
succes-values are removed before calling the determine-split-list
function).
[..]
Anyway I'll add more documentation, to make it more clear.

Any progress on this?
Specifically : i'm wondering about the "context" argument that you provide: what does it store?

Also, procedures get a ! when they modify their first argument. Are you following that convention?