\tieNeutral should be standard in polyphony

From: Stephen
Subject: \tieNeutral should be standard in polyphony
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 14:26:12 -0500

When using '{ } \\ { }' for polyphony, doing things like making the top polyphonic line \stemUp by default and the bottom line \stemDown makes sense. But ties don't follow stem direction and making the top line \tieUp and the bottom line \tieDown doesn't make sense, along with some other defaults that don't make sense for polyphony.

In the attached file, the '\tieNeutral' should not be necessary in order to allow the ties in the following chord to be complementary; it should be the default.

As usual, I am taking my example directly from the piece I was working on when I first noticed the problem. That way I am placing the problem in a realistic context
rather rather than a simplified one.

Stephen

.