Re: debian package status

From: Pedro Kroger
Subject: Re: debian package status
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 13:50:54 -0300

* Erik Sandberg (address@hidden) wrote:
> I have 2 suggestions here (which are more food for thought than opinions):
> 1. How about adding two metapackages 'lilypond-stable' and
> 'lilypond-unstable' (or whatever the names would be), depending on the
latest
> lilypondX.Y package? This would elimintate the drawback.

that's a *very* good idea.

> 2. How about using Mats' naming convention for all odd-numbered
versions of
> lilypond?

I'm not sure if I'm familiar with Mats' convention, could you refresh
my memory?

> It's not normal to want any other odd-numbered lilypond packages
> than the very latest unstable one.

You are right. The possibility of installing more than a version in
the same series is true only with stable releases.

Anyway, I'll also post these questions on the debian new developer
mailing list in case they have specific policies or strong preferences
in that regard.

Pedro