2.1.36 Changing Defaults (was: LilyPond 2.1.35 released)

From: Hans Forbrich
Subject: 2.1.36 Changing Defaults (was: LilyPond 2.1.35 released)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:13:24 -0700

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 03:26, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> address@hidden writes:
>
> > In: "Interpretation contexts", I needed to read several times the
> > paragraph "This is contextual information. and it can b..." .  Please
> > verify my understanding of this paragraph, to the end of page, in the
> > following paraphrase:
>
> Thanks for pointing this out.  Your writing is more or less accurate,
> and I've used some fragmtents to (hopefully) improve this section. Let
> me know whether it's still unclear.

The page reads a lot better.  (As a matter of opinion, the whole section on
Changing Defaults is much easier to read!).  Here are some things I observed
while going through the Changing Defaults section ...

4.2 Interpretation Contexts:

In the paragraph starting with "Within LilyPond, these rules ..." there is a
dangling "s" at "a Staff can contain many Voice s, "  (In the locally built
copy, there is no space but there is a font change at the "s".)

4.2.7 Which properties to change

On the web site, both links (to "Context-properties" and "tips-and-tricks')
fail with a 404 Not Found.  These point to

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.1/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond-internals/Context-properties.html
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.1/Documentation/input/test/out-www/collated-files.html

4.3.1 Common tweaks

Second paragraph ends with "a couple of these".  While not incorrect, I
believe "a few of these" is better.

Last paragraph, second sentance states "The following section discusses ...".
I suggest "The next section discusses ..." as following frequently implies
immediately below and on the same page.

4.3.3 Navigating the program reference

Final paragraph, link "Music definitions" results in a 404 Not Found.  It
points to
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.1/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond-internals/Music

definitions.html

4.6.1 Setting global staff size

In the table, the last entry is "feta20   25.2   8.9".  Should that be "feta30

25.2   8.9"?

4.7 Output details

Second paragraph contains "(a `system' consists of all staves belonging
together)".  Should this be "(a `system' consists of all staves belonging
together, up to to the line break)"?

I am generally confused about when TeX and LaTeX constructs like
\interscoreline can be used.  Can these be embedded in the \score block and
will they be effective from that system on?

General observation:

In the local build, I do not get any numbering (eg: 4.7 is missing) but I DO
get current node information that does not appear in the web site.  I use
SuSE 8.2 with most Lilypond prerequisites upgraded to the latest version s I
can find.  I build this using "make web".

HTH
/Hans