Re: errors on make and kdvi

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: errors on make and kdvi
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 01:01:41 +0200

> It's working now.  Before building 1.5.73, I did "make distclean", and
> removed both /tmp/lily5pk which is where I build the pk files, and
> /usr/local/share/lilypond/fonts.
>
> I think this indicates that there's something clean-fonts should be
> removing that it isn't.  I had been removing my pk files, so it's
> either in /usr/local/share/lilypond/fonts, or something that make
> leaves in the directory but make distclean removes.
>
> And after all that, I still get both the build error:
>
> make final-install
> make[4]: Entering directory
> `/home/lconrad/src/lilypond/cvs/lilypond/input/mutopia/W.A.Mozart'
> make[4]: Nothing to be done for `final-install'.
> make[4]: Leaving directory
> `/home/lconrad/src/lilypond/cvs/lilypond/input/mutopia/W.A.Mozart'
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/home/lconrad/src/lilypond/cvs/lilypond/input/mutopia/W.A.Mozart'
> make: Entering an unknown directory
> make: *** R.Schumann: No such file or directory.  Stop.
> make: Leaving an unknown directory
> make[2]: *** [install] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/lconrad/src/lilypond/cvs/lilypond/input/mutopia'
> make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lconrad/src/lilypond/cvs/lilypond/input'
> make: *** [install] Error 2

Looks like this new directory wasn't included when you fetched the
files from CVS. Seems harmless, though.

> and the checksum error:
>
> mktexpk: /tmp/lily5pk/pk/cx/feta20.300pk: successfully generated.
> Checksum mismatch (dvi = 3991610900, pk = 3957555691) in font file
> /tmp/lily5pk/pk/cx/feta20.300pk

OK, that's probably harmless as well. What happens is that
the Lilypond make files build .tfm files using 600pk
resolution whereas your tetex installation uses 300pk for
xdvi (easy to change in the file .../texmf/xdvi/XDvi).

The main problem with your current setup is that you'll get
exactly the same checksum error warning no matter if you
have font compatibility problems or not (and that xdvi
gives you bad resolution on the screen).

     /Mats