Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4197 in lilypond: give compressed multi-measur

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4197 in lilypond: give compressed multi-measure rests more space
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 03:06:42 +0000

Comment #6 on issue 4197 by address@hidden: give compressed multi-measure rests more space

I also dislike the way the old-style 'KirchenPausen' rests spread out, but they already spread that that way when on a loose line (see for example Dvorak Sym 7 on mutopiaproject). Separately, we can adjust the way the components of a church-rest spread out.

The point here was to make the bar noticeably longer when the rest is many measures long. Making the multi-meausre-rest count-number demand a longer bar is a simple rule, which is easy for a user to override.

Kurt Stone's book shows multi-measure rest bars getting gradually longer as the rest is longer. We could, for example, add 2 staff-spaces of width for every doubling of the rest length. But, when I look at parts I do not see that done in practice.

Attachments:
        LucarelliDvorak7.png  3.9 KB
        4197.png  31.8 KB