[Lilypond-auto] Issue 3204 in lilypond: articulate: can't compile music

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3204 in lilypond: articulate: can't compile music containing alternatives
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 22:43:04 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Crash

New issue 3204 by address@hidden: articulate: can't compile music containing alternatives

Reported on lilypond-devel:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2013-02/msg00263.html

Minimal example:

 \version "2.17.13"

  \include "articulate.ly"

  \relative c' {
    \unfoldRepeats \articulate {
      \repeat volta 2 { c1 }
      \alternative { { c1 } { c1 } }
    }

It produces the following error:
  articulate.ly:446:13: In procedure map in expression (map (lambda # #)):
articulate.ly:446:13: Wrong number of arguments to #<primitive-generic map>

Here's the comment from dak:

I don't understand this part enough to suggest how to fix
it (the code is rather opaque and not documented at all).  That would be
situated in a passage from

commit 98edd1f29c3b5b488ea41313445a3e6220c4a245
Author: Zefram <address@hidden>
Date:   Sat Dec 22 21:43:42 2012 +0000

    articulate grace notes with time stealing

    This change makes \articulate handle grace notes itself, rendering
    them to ordinary notes.  There are a couple of tweakable parameters
    controlling the rendering.

    This prevents \articulate causing the many "going back in MIDI time"
    errors that it used to.  (Inserting a short rest after each note
    makes it way too easy for following grace notes to need to steal
    more time from the preceding rhythmic event than it has.)  In fact,
    when such errors occur in the absence of \articulate, \articulate
    can now fix them.

Can the bug team register a bug for it?  If we don't get a response in
about two days from the original author, I'd suggest reverting it.